We find that individual clients have quite different needs in terms of this type of training. The following course structure represents one possible approach. Please let us know if you would like to change this structure. One of our experienced training consultants will be happy to discuss with you.
- Introduction to data modelling
- Identifying entities
- Adding and naming relationships
- Mandatory and optional relationships
- Business rules and data
- Introduction to description/type entities
- Modelling rules – resolving one to one and many to many relationships
- Identifying and defining attributes and keys
- Comparison between entity models and class diagrams
- Normalisation and Third Normal Form
- Advanced data modelling techniques
- Physical translation to databases
- Conclusions and Feedback
There is no examination for this course, so the focus is entirely on practical application in the workplace.