Data Modelling for Business Analysts
This course is only currently available for on-site delivery. If you would like to arrange for one of our trainers to deliver this course and exam for a group of delegates at your organisation then please contact us.
This course will be added to our public schedule during 2014 subject to demand. If you would like to attend this as a public course then please send your e-mail address to Bev@BA-Solutions.co.uk with 'data modelling' as the e-mail title. We will notify you when we receive a sufficient number of delegates to schedule a public course. The cost of the public course is £895 + VAT.
This 2 day course is aimed at staff with litle or no Data Modelling experience and would like to learn more.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Data Modelling
- Decide when to use Data Models
- Draw Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Define and document attributes
- Understand the link to process models and structured methods
- Understand how data models become physical databases
- Module 1 - The world of Business Modelling
- Module 2 - Uses of data models
- Module 3 - Drawing Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Module 4 - Defining relationships
- Module 5 - Identifying and defining attributes
- Module 6 - Implementing business rules as data
- Module 7 - Introduction to advanced Data Modelling techniques
- Module 8 - Physical translation to a database
- Module 9 - CASE Tools
A team-based case study is used throughout
There is no recommended pre-reading for this course
The duration of this course is two days. Courses run daily from 9.00 am until 5.30 pm. There is no examination. Please contact us for a quote to hold this course on-site.