Data Modelling for Business Analysts
Our BCS Commercial Awareness training course is available to be delivered on-site at your organisation at a time to suit you.
This 2 day business analysis training course gives an introduction to data modelling. Delegates will learn how and why data models are used, how to draw entity relationship diagrams and define and document attributes. The course teaches the link between process models and structured methods and how data models become physical databases.
The course is suitable for Business Analysts or those who are required to understand or produce data models and have litle or no experience.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of Data Modelling
- Decide when to use Data Models
- Draw Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Define and document attributes
- Understand the link to process models and structured methods
- Understand how data models become physical databases
- Module 1 - The world of Business Modelling
- Module 2 - Uses of data models
- Module 3 - Drawing Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Module 4 - Defining relationships
- Module 5 - Identifying and defining attributes
- Module 6 - Implementing business rules as data
- Module 7 - Introduction to advanced Data Modelling techniques
- Module 8 - Physical translation to a database
- Module 9 - CASE Tools
The course is highly practical with each delegate producing a number of different data models throughout the course.
There is no recommended pre-reading for this course
The duration of this course is two days. Courses run daily from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm.
This is a practical, skills based course and there is no examination
To Arrange This Course
To arrange a Data Modelling training course for your organisation please contact us. You can call us on 0207 112 8982 or e-mail Bev@Ba-Solutions.co.uk