Management of Risk Foundation & Practitioner
Course Dates, Location & Prices
This course is only currently available for on-site delivery. If you would like to arrange this course and exam for a group of delegates from your organisation then please contact us.
This course is not run in our public course schedule.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Course Overview
Within any organisation, a certain amount of risk taking is inevitable in order that objectives are achieved and opportunities are exploited. Adopting a well-managed risk framework is likely to lead to service improvements and business growth. The M_o_R® Framework provides a structured approach to risk management which can enable organisations to identify, assess and control uncertainties and thereby improve its ability to succeed.
This is an interactive course where delegates are encouraged to learn through a mixture of lectures, exercises and group discussion.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Intended Audience
This course is aimed at Business Managers; Programme and Project Managers; Operational Managers and any other roles within an organisation, which need to develop their knowledge and capabilities in the Management of Risk. It is recommended that candidates have some experience or knowledge of working in a business environment.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Course Objectives
On successfully completing the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the definition of risk and risk management
- Understand the background to risk management
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the 8 Principles that underpin the M_o_R® Framework
- Understand the documents that form the M_o_R® Approach that in turn provides an organisation with a tailored risk management procedure
- Fully understand the M_o_R® Process that provides a structured framework to identify, assess and control uncertainties
- Apply techniques that support each step of the Process
- Understand how risk management will be applied differently across organisational perspectives
- Appreciate the importance of embedding and reviewing risk management and the need for continual improvement through supporting tools such as a Health Check and a Maturity Model
- Have a basic awareness of different risk specialisms
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Course Structure
The course is made up of 2 parts. The first 3 days cover all the elements of M_o_R® in preparation for the Foundation exam and specifically covers:
- Introduction to risk management and M_o_R®
- Key terminology
- Overview of the M_o_R® Framework
- The 8 M_o_R® Principles
- The M_o_R® Approach
- The M_o_R® Process
- Techniques to support the process steps
- Documentation to support risk management
- How risk management differs across the organisational perspectives
- The need to embed and review risk management into the organisation and how this can be achieved
- How continual improvement can be supported with the aid of the M_o_R® Health Check and the M_o_R® Maturity Model
- Risk specialisms
The 4th day of the course looks at the application of M_o_R® and enables delegates to become familiar with the structure and style of the Practitioner exam. This exam is taken during the morning of the last day of the course.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Examination Details
The course includes the Foundation exam, which is taken during the afternoon of the 3rd day of the course and the Practitioner exam, which is taken during the morning of the 5th day.
The Foundation exam is a closed book, 1 hour multiple-choice exam where delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 35 correct answers out of 70 to be awarded a pass. Please note that passing this exam is a pre-requisite for sitting the Practitioner exam.
The Practitioner exam is an open book, 3 hour objective test exam set against a scenario. There are 4 complex multiple-choice questions with 20 marks being available for each question. Delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 40 out of 80 marks (50%) to be awarded a pass.
An exam requirement is that delegates must show photo ID to the trainer during the course e.g. Passport, Driving Licence.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Accreditation Details
All of our M_o_R® courses are accredited by APMG – International.
M_o_R® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Case Study
A team based case study is used throughout dealing with specific areas within M_o_R® including:
- Benefits and barriers to implementing risk management
- Principles of good risk management
- PESTLE analysis
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk identification and assessment
- Embedding and review risk management
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Pre-reading
Prior to attending the course, you will be sent details of some pre-course reading, which should take approximately 10 hours to complete.
M_o_R® Foundation & Practitioer - Course Details
The duration of this course is five days. Courses run from approximately 9.00 until 4.30 daily apart from the last day, which will finish by 1.00.
This course is run by Real World Training.