BCS Commercial Awareness (ISEB)
Course Dates, Location & Prices
|Dates||Duration||Location||Price (Including exam fee)||Places Available|
|23-24 November 2016||2 days||London, Farringdon/KX||£795 + VAT||Good Availability|
Discounts are available on this course when it is taken as part of our BCS International Diploma Package.
This two day course covers the syllabus and exam for the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness, a knowledge-based specialism module for the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
This certificate is concerned with the commercial and organisational knowledge required for business analysis work.
The syllabus is structured around the two key areas of Business Finance and Organisational Behaviour, and uses definitions, techniques and principles from the books specified in the recommended reading list.
This course is aimed at individuals who would like to achieve the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness, a knowledge-based specialism module for the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
It is particularly useful for Business Analysts who may be working in a financial role.
Holders of the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness should be able to:
- Understand three techniques used to evaluate a financial case.
- Understand costing and pricing.
- Understand cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Describe the contents of financial accounting documents.
- Interpret financial accounts.
- Explain specified business performance ratios.
- Define the elements and usage of Porter's Five Forces Framework and Value Chain.
- Define the elements and usage of the Boston Consulting Group's matrix.
- Define the performance measures and usage of the Balanced Business Scorecard.
- Define the elements of specified cultural analysis approaches.
- Explain the different management structures and their characteristics.
- Define the different architectures that may be adopted by organisations.
The course is highly interactive and delegates are encouraged to learn through group exercises including a case study as well as exam-based exercises.
The BCS exam in Commercial Awareness is taken on the last afternoon of the course.
As this is an exam-based course, attendees will be asked to complete around 1 hour of homework each evening. This is optional and is intended only to increase the chances of passing the exam.
Commercial Awareness - Examination Details
The BCS exam in Commercial Awareness is taken on the afternoon of the last day of this course. The format for the examination is a one hour multiple-choice examination consisting of 40 questions. The examination is closed book (no materials can be taken into the examination room). Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 26 marks out of 40 to pass the examination.
Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness.
This duration of this course is 2 days, the intensity is medium-high. Courses run between 9:00 until 17:30.
The course is non-residential, however we can provide a list of recommended hotels close to the venue for those wanting to arrange accommodation. Tea, coffee and cold drinks are available during the course, however delegates should make their own lunch arrangements.