BCS Commercial Awareness (ISEB)
Our BCS Commercial Awareness training course is available to be delivered on-site at your organisation at a time to suit you.
This certificate is concerned with the commercial and organisational knowledge required for business analysis work.
The syllabus for this module is structured around two key areas, these are Business Finance and Organisational Behaviour. The Commercial Awareness course examines areas of knowledge that help manage an organisation from a financial perspective. Syllabus areas include financial and management accounting, investment appraisal and budgeting and costing.
This module replaced BCS Organisational Context, which was available until 31st March 2012.
This course is aimed at individuals who would like to achieve the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness, a knowledge-based specialism module for the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
It is particularly useful for Business Analysts who may be working in a financial role.
Holders of the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness should be able to:
- Understand three techniques used to evaluate a financial case.
- Understand costing and pricing.
- Understand cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Describe the contents of financial accounting documents.
- Interpret financial accounts.
- Explain specified business performance ratios.
- Define the elements and usage of Porter's Five Forces Framework and Value Chain.
- Define the elements and usage of the Boston Consulting Group's matrix.
- Define the performance measures and usage of the Balanced Business Scorecard.
- Define the elements of specified cultural analysis approaches.
- Explain the different management structures and their characteristics.
- Define the different architectures that may be adopted by organisations.
For the full BCS Syllabus for Commercial Awareness please >>click here<<
The course is highly interactive and delegates are encouraged to learn through group exercises including a case study as well as exam-based exercises.
As this is an exam-based course, attendees will be asked to complete around 1 hour of homework each evening. This is optional and is intended only to increase the chances of passing the exam.
It is strongly recommended that pre-reading is completed prior to attending this course.
Reading List - BCS Commercial Awareness
This duration of this course is 2 days, the intensity is medium-high. Courses run from 9.00 am until 5.30 pm. During the last 1 hour 15 minutes of the course delegates sit the BCS exam in Commercial Awareness
BCS Examination Details
The BCS exam in Commercial Awareness is taken on the afternoon of the last day of this course. The format for the examination is a one hour multiple-choice examination consisting of 40 questions. The examination is closed book (no materials can be taken into the examination room). Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 26 marks out of 40 to pass the examination.
Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Commercial Awareness.
To Arrange This Course
To arrange a BCS Commercial Awareness training course and exam for your organisation please contact us. You can call us on 0207 112 8982 or e-mail Bev@Ba-Solutions.co.uk